For whatever reason, I've been thinking about the word "learning" a lot lately. It seems some people have a lot of trouble with this word. Why? They think they know everything. They think they're better than we are, or that they know more than we do. They have no interest in learning something from someone younger than them, or perhaps they're just like an old dog and refuse to learn a new trick. Who knows?
So, I braved the cyber highway and pulled over at Merriam-Webster to see what they had to say on the matter.
- Main Entry: learning
- Date:before 12th century
2 : knowledge or skill acquired by instruction or study
3 : modification of a behavioral tendency by experience (as exposure to conditioning)
synonyms see knowledge
I adore the experience of learning new things! I feel exhilarated when I'm in the act of studying and learning. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I'm ever learning and I hope I always keep this attitude. I'm amazed every day with new things I learn.
For instance, since I've been blogging, I've learned:
- to write more consistently
- great tips for writing/blogging
- that cyber friends are great!
- I've been missing a lot all these years by not blogging
- that there's a lot to learn on not only the web, but specifically at blogs
- writing is about more than words, it's about marketing, networking, and so much more
- that I really do want to be a writer "when I grow up" *smile*
- I have what it takes to actually blog every day (sometimes every other day)...
- what SEO means
- lots more but I'll shut up for now, ha!
Are you willing to learn? Are you willing to gain knowledge you can carry with you forever?
The world is a vast, expansive space filled with learning opportunities of all kinds. Open your eyes, and your heart, and maybe you'll learn something new, too.
As Gandhi said, I hope you "learn as if you'll live forever" while writing the cyber highway!